Monday, February 6, 2017

Deadlight

3 words: zombie, parkour, 2.0

We’re a super duper parkour guy, we travel through zombie world, while searching for our family. Zombies are scared to death and theirs eyes jumping out from theirs skulls from watching our great pressing the space bottom skills.

In this game we gonna see a truly cinematic gameplay, soundtrack and huge amount of epicness. Moves of our character somehow remind me of Prince of Persia, what is a big plus for this production, when we like this kind of moves. You want more pros? Look down.

Technical:

  1. The graphic looks awesome for a platform game. That’s how should platform gaming looking, stop backing to the old pixels (although I didn’t say, pixels are retarded).
  2. There are some bugs in the game, for example: attacking zombie suddenly just teleported far far away from me (I know I’m not the fairest of them all, but come on!) and one time I just fall from the map o_O But no worries, it’s doesn’t stop the joy of playing.
  3. The music… oh, this epic music! They just match the situations perfectly and allowed me to feel the important emotions like feeling the tense of running from danger or the EPICNESS (yeah!)!
  4. We don’t have to wait a whole eternity to pass through the locations. It’s really fast and without any problem.

The plot:

  1. The plot isn’t original, that’s obvious, but the way of storytelling is interesting. It’s like an ugly painting, that suddenly is worth the seeing thanks to his new wooden, stylish [a lot of artistic, snobbish words] frame. The storytelling is like the main character was a granddad, that tells an awesome bed story his grandchildren. It’s surprised me with a large amount of emotions! Oh, boy! It’s not another boring, emotionless, brainless, typical zombie survival. I feel the tense, terror, sadness, danger and a lot more!
  2. The protagonists journal is a mess. For real! We have to find its pages in a different locations. God dammit, journal, you can’t just throw your pages around! You’re not Alladin to show me the world! Being serious – I love it! And it’s not a lot of pages to read, only 60 and it has occasional pictures, so it’s readable :]
  3. The game forced us to use brain and observation skills. Without that, you will stuck. Sometimes I must to take the thing slowly and analyze the map to search hidden traps and these were everywhere.
  4. Slow motion in most epic moments? YISSSS!
  5. Collectibles, my love! Here you can find them quickly. Even somebody with poor in observations skills (like me) will find most of them. We can also admire them in menu, see all the shiny ID cards, cassettes, postcards, notes etc.
  6. The voice actors done their job really great. Their voices fit perfectly and express the emotions, except one character that I described her in point 9.
  7. Main character, Randall Wayne, has great parkour skills and is hard to break. His story is deeper than it looks. His story means a lot of pain and sadness. The ending spawned a group of ninjas cutting onions next to me, although it was really predictable. It was joyful to play as though, not emotionless guy. The only weakness he has was swimming or should I say lack of swimming skills, but he’s not the only game protagonist that is afraid of water, isn’t he?
  8. The rest of characters were also interesting and you can freely tell the differences between them. We have here Ratman that live in his great, big, dangerous kingdom in sewers. Mad doctor that cure (?) the infected. And of course misters “main pain in the butt” named New Law and they love to shot bullets without any specific reason.
  9. Unfortunately there is one person that gonna irritate us all the (thank God) short time – Stella, friend of Randall. Helping her wasn’t maybe boring, but it didn’t amused me so much too. The voice actress just wasn’t good. Stella appeared only for a moment, so nonetheless the joy from gameplay stayed with me to the end.
  10. And the end was very predictable, but it satisfied me. It nicely says to me goodbye, ending this short journey with tough Randall.

This game is worth playing. It’s really hard to fill the emptiness after games like this one. It was great, emotional, joyful gameplay for only 4 hours. Never mind I will find someone like youuuuu… or I will just buy the new version Director’s Cut :]

No comments:

Post a Comment